To apply for a place at Greenfields you must apply through Northamptonshire County Council and not through the school direct.
However the administration team at Greenfields are always happy to advise and help, so please do not hesitate to contact the school.
After your application has been submitted to Northamptonshire County Council their Admissions Team will co-ordinate the application process and advise parents, by letter, of the outcome of their application. They will require a confirmed address and moving date before we can process the application.
Applying for a place to start in our Reception Class in September
A child will start school in the Reception class in the September following their fourth birthday.
When a school receives more applications than it has places available (this is usually called its published admissions number), the school’s oversubscription admission criteria are used to decide which applicants are offered places.
In each case the criteria are applied in the order of priority stated. In many cases when the published admission number is reached within one of the criteria groups, the admissions team at Northamptonshire County Council use a ‘tie-breaker’ based on distance. Places will be allocated to pupils who have Statement of Special Educational Needs that names the school as appropriate provision.
To Apply for a place in our Nursery click below:
When there are more applicants for places than there are places available, priority will be given in the following order:
- Children in public care.
- Children with specific medical and social needs, supported by written evidence from an appropriate professional person.
- Pupils with an older brother or sister continuing at the school at the same time of admission of the younger child.
- Pupils who live closer to the preferred school than any other school.
- Other pupils.
If you are interested in your child joining Greenfields then you are very welcome to make an appointment to meet the Head Teacher, look around the school and discuss your child’s needs.
If your child is joining us at another time other than at the start of their schooling they may benefit from spending time in their new classroom before the date of entry so that they can get to know their classmates and their new teacher. New children entering the school will be paired with a “buddy” who will help look after them in the early days. We will do our best to make sure that your child’s transition into school is as smooth as possible.
Starting School for the first time
In common with all other Local Authority schools, when a child joins Greenfields in our Reception class they will attend part- time for the first few weeks as a settling in period.
In order to make this important step as easy and enjoyable as possible for both parents and child, we organise the following:
- A parents’ information meeting in the summer term before your child is due to start school. This gives you a chance to meet the Head Teacher and the class teacher and support staff
- A visit to the Reception classroom to have a look around with your child (Stay and Play)
- Two further visits where your child is able to stay on their own
- A home visit by the class teacher and learning support assistant before your child starts school
- The opportunity to stay to lunch before starting school full-time
Details and information on ‘Applying for a Primary School Place in Northamptonshire' can be found at www.northamptonshire.gov.uk/admissions or call their admissions team on 01604 236599.
If you have been refused a place at one or more of your preferred schools, you are entitled to appeal against that decision.
You are required to fill out an appeals form, details of which can be found on the Northamptonshire County Council website. Please click here to be transferred to the School Appeals page.